As a Coach, parent, and former collegiate athlete, I established Instinx to begin player development at a younger age. I realized our athletes were behind in development years ago, finally, I accepted this was not going to change without helping to provide a solution. Over time we lost many of our developmental leagues for our youth within the area, yet our expectations remained intact. Other youth leagues have altered their rules for younger kids making the games easier which has resulted in slower player development. Instincts, intelligence, fundamentals, skills and effort is where our youth are lacking. There are many factors that play a significant role in the slower progression. Over the past 5 years I have discussed these factors with many people. I said enough is enough, I stopped only discussing with people, and allowed my love for the game and passion for youth inspire me to become part of the solution. I designed a plan of action that is sure to get the results you are seeking, if you are searching for a complete player.
We implement a 5 step plan of action for best results.
- Knowledge- Knowledge is only power if utilized. We increase players IQ of the game and show them how to apply gained knowledge in games
- Fundamentals- We put emphasis on the fundamentals of the game and the usage of your body to perform tasks most effectively
- Skill Development- We enhance players individual skill and productivity by simulating game speed situations and encouraging mistakes at game speed as part of the learning process
- Player Development- We develop players covering technical and tactical skills. We focus on body movements to perform tasks infused with decision making and actions to gain advantages over your opponents
- Accountability- Goals are set with instructor and player, however we hold players accountable for reaching their goals. We teach accountability, as well as hold players and peers accountable for actions, choices, will to learn and improve. As trainers our job is to aid and monitor progression towards goals
To provide athletes with a instinctive plan of action that will not only be used during sports but in life as well to access results to reach their "Greatness"
Understand the "Why" - understanding "why" allows us to devise an outline tailor made for each individual athlete. Everyone has a unique reason why they pursue the things they choose. Your "why" tells us your "GREATNESS"! Let us help you reach your greatness!